Monday, May 19, 2008

What a Wedding!

Wow! Long time no blog! Those of you who know me know that we have been in the middle of planning a wedding for the past 6 months or so and boy, has it kept me busy! Life has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The joy of helping to plan my daughter's wedding, the frustration of helping to plan my daughter's wedding, and the saddness of helping to plan my daughter's wedding...knowing that life as we know it will soon be at an end. But a new one will begin! We are so excited for her as she and Luke start their own life. Right now they are in Cancun, Mexico on their honeymoon. Why is it that we did all the work and they get to take the vacation? Oh well, maybe someday... I'll try to get some pictures up soon.
I have to say a few words to and about some incredible people. Deb Crawford and Kathy Darbyshire. You guys are awesome! They baked bread for the reception. About 20 Loaves or so. They were beautiful and tasted just as good as they looked.
My sister-in-law, Cheryl Hayes. She came on Wendnesday and stayed through the weekend. She was right there to do anything that needed to be done, from laundry, to babysitting, to washing incredible amounts of dishes (we bought dishes for the reception). I couldn't have done it without you, Cheryl.
My little brother Dennis, without whome we would have had no power. He is an electrician and ran the power from our barn to the reception site on the hill above our house. He also was there to help all day on Saturday doing everything from helping to build a dance floor to stringing lights, and putting up a tent for the caterer. Thank you little brother, you are a special, special person.
Gina, Dennis's wife. She was there to help make flower arrangements for all the tables, help me remember all the little details, direct the wedding, and generally be a support person. Thank you Gina for being my friend.
My Dad and Step-mom, Susan. I don't even know where to start. My dad is the kind of person who just jumps in and does what needs to be done. Susan is just like him. They were so great to babysit, to cook, and anything else we needed. Dad spent the better of the day with Dennis puting up the catererers tent. Thanks Dad.
All you kids. Desire', Jeninca, Divon, Johnny, Dominique. For carrying chairs, putting out tables, and generally being workhorses without a lot of thanks. We love you.
My mom. Thanks for listening when I complained. Thanks for keeping my kids when I need to go to Athens or Anderson or wherever else I needed to go at the time. I love you.
My kids who put up with a lot over these last few months. I was gone alot, complained more than I should, and was not always the patient loving mom that I needed to be because of letting the stress get to me. You guys are the sunshine of my life.
And last but not least, my wonderful husband. I love you more than words can say. You have spent more money than you wanted but shrugged it off because you knew that your daughter's wedding was more important than a vacation. You spent a whole week building an outhouse because that's what she wanted rather than a portajon. You took endless trips to town to get supplies, figured out how to do all the impossible things your wife and daughter asked of you, and kept a good humor most of the time. Watching you dance with her during the father-daughter dance made me so very, very proud of you. Thank you for putting up with me, for loving Cassie anyway, and for being my very best friend.

Well, for now, that's about it. Life starts a new turn. Wonder where we'll go next.....

2 comments:

DebbieP said...

Wow, I bet she was beautiful! Now you get to take the next month to process all that has happened! I can't imagine what it must feel like and I'm glad I have many years to get ready to let mine go. I guess God gets us ready when we need it! You are stronger than you realize through God's strength and you have given your eldest memories of love she will cherish FOREVER! Now the fun starts because she is getting older and she will soon realize that you are much smarter than she ever thought!

Debbie C. said...

Welcome back to "bloggy world", I've missed you. I want to say that this wedding was incredible and I know all of you worked so hard but it showed over and over again. I just can't tell you how proud I was of you and Frank and Cassie and everyone. You pulled it off!! You did it!! YEAH!! I am now waiting for a call from you for a lunch date!! ;)